The engineering department provides Civil, Structural and Mechanical Engineering services as well as other services to the people of Ndola. These services include;
- Installation and maintenance of Street lights and traffic lights
- Creation and maintaining of parking spaces within town
- Provision and maintaining of open spaces/car parks
- Provision and maintaining of public sanitary facilities such as toilets at the markets and bus stations
- Construction and maintenance of bus stations, bus stops and markets within the City of Ndola
- Maintenance of public libraries and community halls
- Provision of fire services and first aid services to accident victims within the city
- Keeping the City Green and Clean by planting trees, pruning and cutting over grown trees
The Department consists of the following Sections;
This Section looks at the general welfare of the employees under the Department of Engineering.
This Section is tasked with the production of the architectural designs or drawings of any building project and producing drawings for any rehabilitation project to be undertaken on an existing building.
This Section is tasked with the new installation of street lights, building electrification and the maintenance of the already existing lighting.
This Section provides fire services to the people of Ndola as well as offering first aid services to accident victims. It is also tasked with issuing of fire certificates to the business houses within the City of Ndola
Controls and maintains the Council fleet of vehicles/equipment
This Section is responsible for the preparation of budgetary estimates for council buildings/civil works, tender documents for construction projects, budgets for the department and preparation of interim payment certificates for building and civil projects. It is also tasked with the management of Council buildings and civil projects.
Roads and Drainage/Highways
This Section is tasked with the planning and maintenance of roads/drainages within the city of Ndola, putting up of road signs and the creation and maintenance of parking slots and marking of the roads. Also, it prepares budgetary estimates for the road projects.
Prepares designs for road works and other related civil works
Parks and Gardens
This Section is in charge of managing and maintaining all the open spaces /parks within the city of Ndola. It also looks at keeping the city clean and green.
Building Construction and Maintenance
This is responsible for maintaining all the council public buildings within Ndola (i.e. Markets, Libraries, Public Toilets, Bus Stations and Offices)